Sunday, February 1, 2009

Motivation...

Usually, I find that it helps to have a clear motivational factor in mind when excercising. Something that when your thighs are starting to burn, and your breathing becomes ragged, your brain zeroes in on that "THING" that will make you start singing "I'm Every Women" and pick up the pace.
For me, that factor is usually pure vanity and the realization that summer is fast approaching, but now and then special events pop up that I have to "prepare" for. Lmaooooo.. I am such a dork..see me acting like a celebrity that's 'bout to hit the red carpet.. But i no dey exaggerate, that's how I feel whenever I'm gonna be around a lot of naija women; scrutinized and examined with a sharpened eye, head to toe. You know how some naijas are now. lol..
Anyway sha..the event I'm am now "preparing" for is the Harvard African Business Conference. It's being held in Cambridge, Massachussets Feb. 20th-22nd. NO, I am not husband hunting lol..I'm too young for that and I have numerous dating years ahead of me.. (just until 25 then I'll get a bit more focused)
Unfortunately, I just learned about this from a post on naijaryders.com..so that doesnt leave me much time..but hey motivation is motivation abi? I'm trying to firm things up so that at the afterparties when I'm squatting (cuz u know there's gonna be some short ass men there ..sigh) and shimmying and shaking I look semi-sexy doing it lol.
SO...the treadmill... Una should clap for me!!! It's been roughly a week and I've worked my way up to 2min 30sec running intervals with a 1 minute walk in between.. after I do 4 cycles of that I put the treadmill on incline and walk uphill for 5mins..then a 5min cool down..
I havent been able to do my step aerobic dvd after though..after that brief stint with the treadmill I barely make it over to my coach to collapse.. My goal is to be able to treadmill and then do my step routine after all in one morning..like I did in the past..
So you know I'm doing the atkins diet right? So can I just tell you 3 more pounds have melted off..!!!!! I know no if na water weight or wetin ..but regardless I am feeling myself right about now.. so the grand total as of Feb. 1st, 2009 is 10lbs lighter!! Cheahh!!! Now..since I will be going to a conference where there'll be tall (hopefully) handsome (hopefully) successful (God willing) african men in suits.. I think I wanna have a lil discussion about dating, flirting, dancing, approaching and all that lovely stuff women get to do;) ..that'll be my next entry;)

5 comments:

  1. Great Job and keep it up. However i will offer unsolicited advice.
    1) Stay away from diets. Just eat normal foods in moderation, and maybe a sundae or something on ur day off as a reward. Do not deprive your body of nutrients or any food type.
    2) Your body needs carbs to burn off something
    3) go and start jump roping, it is one of the best excercises u can give ur body & mind it drastically increases ur circulation, coordination and stamina. I am talking about doing at least 100 jump ropes each morning. And you increase with time. You will see a drastic difference. You can do it after ur time on the treadmill. Dont worry i swear by the jump rope, i do 400 each morning, and i can tell you that my body is cutting itself, my biceps are shaping up, my legs are getting a cellulite free appearance, and my stomach is going way down.
    my routine is below
    I do 20 mins Elliptical - to get started
    400 Jump ropes- takes btwn 10-15 mins
    Leg press- 3 reps of sets of 20 (i alternate with the abduction thigh thingy every other day)
    arm curl - 3 reps of sets of 20 (alternate with the arm pull thingy every other day)
    10-15 mins run on treadmill

    I am having a hard time doing sit ups and crunches, but the jump rope helps almost all body muscles.
    Happy workout. Also hopefully you have a workout schedule in place. cos if you dont, it only makes it harder to get to the gym. I got to the gym everday i have to be in the office- 5 days a week, weekends off. it helps me mentally focus.

    ReplyDelete